Thursday, July 14, 2016

Bo Bunny Trail Mix ATCs


I decided to use up some (though not really much) of my Bo Bunny stash.  I have taken advantage of a few Bo Bunny Grab Bags which means I have some excess in some areas.  Their Trail Mix line being one in which I have a few duplicates.  So I decided to make a few ATCs that also double as magnets.  I am going to sell/display them at a garage sale I am starting tomorrow to see if anyone buys them.  If not, I still had fun making them.  Some details below.



Astoria ATC: Astoria is a old historical town next to the one I live in.  It is also the home of the Goonies house.  The scene where the kid Truffle Shuffles is kind of fun to watch now since I can easily recognize Astoria in the background.  This is a simple card and technically a bit larger than a ATC.  The Bo Bunny tag/paper is inside of a 3"x4" plastic card protector.  The Astoria is made with two Tim Holtz Fragments on some Bo Bunny scraps and letter stickers from the Trail Mix sticker sheet.  I have a container of ArtMinds Mosaic Glass from another project I never actually started, and there were some that were the perfect color for this, so I added them.  The fragments and mosaic pieces are all glued on top of the card protector.  The extra space did make the layout on this much easier.  Originally I was going to stick with a traditional ATC, but Astoria didn't really fit very well.
_________________________________________________________________________





Cabin Life ATC.  I am pretty happy with how the wood vellum piece ties in the Bo Bunny stickers and the dark brown cardstock.  The cardstock is just a generic dark brown piece from Michael's.  The wood vellum is actual thin wood and gives some nice texture.  I used Mocha Mama powderpuff from Quick Quotes to add a little more depth and outline to the binoculars ribbon paper and the Cabin Life sticker.  I fussy cut the ribbon out, which was not too difficult.  The lantern is a chipboard sticker from the same matching set. 
______________________________________________________________________



Fishing Life ATC: This one is somewhat simple.  The Fishing box and pole piece is a sticker and the world, "Fishing," is a separate one.  I used some green cardstock I had in my scraps and added some Tattered Angels Cardboard Baseboard spray to it.  There was a design, but the spray didn't really work well with my stencil.  It did add some nice little mystery blotches though.  Fishing is messy work, right?  The fish is a stamp from Inkadoo and I embossed it with Ranger Brick embossing powder.  I also stamped the fishing box sticker with a set of stamps I have from a unknown company (bought them used) that look like vintage post office stamps.  They didn't show up really strong, but I like how they are kind of hinted.  I was going for a slight post card feel with that.
_______________________________________________________________________



If you have any comments please feel free to post below!  If you make ATCs I would love to see them, post a link to your blog/site below and I will be happy to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment