Sunday, July 17, 2016

"Summer Dreams," Authentique Photo Card

Here is another experimental project of mine.  I wanted to create a cut way to display school photos.  I used Authentique's, "Curiosity," line to create this card.  This is a bit simpler than the Graphic 45 photo card I made.  The only, "fussy," cutting is the two hop scotch boards.  This card can also be used as is, it looks like a finished product without the photo.


The Front.  I will say, I am not really happy with how my photos came out on this.  I will have to re-think my photo studio area.  Currently it's not a very good box since all of my boxes are covered in garage sale items.  However, that sale will be boxed up soon and I will be able to free up a box that will allow me to make a more professional photo studio area.  Hopefully after that I will be able to get some better photos.  You can see by the two different flap, "yellows," that my light is not blending well.  

Back to the actual project.  I do like how this looks, it's simple but attractive.  I really like the colors that Authentique used for this line.  I am much of a bright yellow type, the subtler yellow with the gray looks nice though.  

 The Inside: The paper pack came with a sheet of old childhood poems.  Some were a bit morbid, though they didn't include the, "ashes, ashes," on Ring Around the Rosies.  I created this to sale so I figured I should go for a nicer poem.  This kind of goes with the idea of a school photo card, though the kid is maybe dreaming about not being in school.  It's an older poem that has been around for a long time, so it would go well with a parent or grandparent school photo.  


Just some side photos.  The card is fairly rigid and stands well on it's own.  The only down side is that it's a little bulky.  It doesn't fold down very flat.  I am hoping more for something that will be displayed than stuffed in a drawer.  So, the flatness probably matters less with it's intended purpose.

I hope you enjoyed this little card.  If you have any comments or critiques please post them.  If you like this idea please feel free to make your own, I would love to see them if you want to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment