Thursday, July 14, 2016

Graphic 45 Photo Card

My crafting goal is to make mini albums that I can sale, at some point.  I have made two so far (which I will post when I have a chance to take some decent photos), one for me and one as a gift for a friend.  I am not a quick crafter, though, so I figured I would play with some photo cards and see how potential customers like them.  I enjoyed making this one, though with a two hour craft time I will have to sell them for a little if I want to make a simi decent wage.  Hopefully as I craft more my time will improve.
The Front.  I might make some in the future that will clasp shut, but I am going for something to go on someone's dresser for display, not in a drawer.  There is a Recollections 5x7" Gate card as the base  I measured and cut the orange background then added the border and images.  This photo is a tad too white, though when I was editing it earlier I thought it looked fine.  More areas for improvement.  I do kind of like how the paper gap on my little photo studio added to the photo with the white "frost" edge.  It was not intentional though.




You can see a little bit of the inside with this one and one little fussy cutting detail.  The, "I'm Really a Mermaid," square is only tacked down (scor tape) on the right side and the bottom.  The left corner is lose and you can use it to hold a photo.  The photo does end up being slightly off center in this one, since it's not especially wide, but it still looks pretty good.  I will have to make sure I take photos of the product in use the next time I make one of these.


Some better images of the sides.  These photos are slightly less whited out.  I took the top photo and the up-close fussy cut photo before at a different time than my three, "warmer," photos.  So, apologies for the inconsistencies.  If you look close enough, however, you can see that I didn't cut the sea plants that expanded beyond the squares.  I also edged the Seahorse picture with my Aqua Chameleon Pen.  

I had to add a little detail on the back.  I also added my little, "Made by Desdemona Rose," label on the back, but not until after I shot the photos.  The space was big and empty, so I had to do something with it.



Some fussy-cutting and a overly edited photo.  I also added a photo mat later, again after the photos.  But, if you decide to make anything like this and it has some size to it, I would recommend a photo mat.  I left mine as a simple piece of cardstock from the same paper set.  This way the customer will get both sides and can choose the one that looks better with their photo.  I am also including a strip of 4 temporary sticky dots so the customer can add the photo but change it later if they want.  

Please leave comments below and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment