Wednesday, July 6, 2016

First Pocket Letter


My First Pocket Letter

I created this as a swap for Scraps of Darkness/Scraps of Elegance's Facebook page.  It's a little bit of a "use up some scraps," type of, so I am not going to post a long supply list for this one.  Just wanted to show off some photos.  This is a mix of quite a few different brands.  Purple is Donna's favorite color so I went with that.  I wish I had more matchy purples, tone wise, but I am still pretty happy with it.  Hope you enjoy.




Create: I think this is my favorite ATC in this set.  I love that butterfly.  The clock is covered with spray mist and I added some gray powder chalk ink to the bottom.  The effect looks a little more colorful in real life.  At some point I will learn to take better photos.


Spread Your Wings: because this wouldn't be a project from me without some fussy cutting.  I accidentally cut the stamp behind the birds tail originally.  Thankfully I was able to carefully glue it in and make it look nice and complete.


Hello: I wanted this to read a little like a letter, so I started off with Hello.  I also made this ATC individually for a challenge at Renea Bouquets, which is where the butterfly came from.  If you like glitter then I highly recommend checking out her chunky glitter glass.  I don't even like glitter much, but find working with her chunk glitter glass fun.  It's a interesting way to add a unique touch to your projects and less messy.  She also makes embellishments, like the butterfly.


Inspire: A simple layout, but it was a little challenging since I wanted the wings to stick up.  I had to cut the plastic carefully, fold the wings, and squeeze them through.  I was pretty happy with the end result, though the photos I tried to take of the, "3D," effect came out kind of blurry. 


Pocket letters are a fun way to send crafts and greetings.  They are also a good way to use up scraps since each section is pretty small.  I have seen Pocket Letters where all of the squares have the same base paper and they look nice as well.  So, if you want a unique gift or want to swap some art this is a great way to do so.  

As always, critiques and comments always welcome!  If you want to know where any particular part of this came from let me know in the comments.  I am pretty sure I could direct you to most of the bits and pieces used.


No comments:

Post a Comment